Answering Questions About Personal Injuries Since 1977
If an accident left you injured, you probably have many questions about insurance claims, settlements and the legal process. At Friedman Law Office, our attorneys have been helping injured people in the Texarkana area since 1977.
We can answer your questions in detail when you schedule a free consultation with our law office. For now, let us answer a few of the questions we often hear from our clients.
Q. Is an attorney necessary if I’m injured?
You may believe that you don’t need an attorney for your personal injury case; that your insurance company will handle everything. This is not true. Insurance companies care about their bottom line, not your well-being. Get a lawyer to advocate for the maximum compensation available to you.
Q. What should I do after an accident?
Immediately after an accident, you may feel disoriented. But if you can, follow these important steps:
- Call the police to have them file a report.
- Take pictures of the scene with your phone or a camera.
- Get the name, contact information, license plate number and insurance info of the other party. Also, get the names and contact info of any witnesses.
- Get medical attention. If necessary, call an ambulance.
- DO NOT talk to anyone from the insurance companies. Contact a law firm like Friedman Law Office that can maximize your settlement.
Q. What are some common injuries in car accidents?
Car accidents and other accidents often cause injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
Remember, not every injury appears immediately after an accident. Some do not manifest for weeks or months. Even if your injury was a while ago, you may still have a case.
Q. In an injury claim, what damages can I claim?
Damages are the compensation you can receive following an accident caused by negligence. You could receive damages for:
- Medical treatment
- Ongoing therapy, rehabilitation or medication
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Punitive damages
Ask More Questions: Get A Free Consultation
Friedman Law Office provides free initial consultations to clients in Arkansas and Texas. To get yours, contact our law firm by calling 903-949-6364 or toll-free at 866-397-4374. To reach us online, simply send an email. Our attorneys are ready to answer your questions.