Work With A Skilled Lawyer To Protect Your Property
Divorce, especially a contested divorce, can consume your time, energy and resources quickly. Whether you live in Texas or Arkansas, you may benefit from the guidance of a skilled attorney who will keep your divorce on track and costs to a minimum.
When you face the many challenges of divorce, contact Friedman Law Office in Texarkana to learn how we can protect your property and assets during property division.
Your Method Of Divorce Can Affect Your Property
For many people, a divorce sets off a series of questions and concerns. We can provide answers to your questions while helping you implement a plan to resolve your issues.
Numerous factors can affect the outcome of divorce proceedings. One factor is whether you and your partner can engage in an amicable, uncontested divorce or must pursue a contested, disputed separation.
- Uncontested divorce: When you and your partner can agree on how to divide your assets, establish support payments and structure an amicable child custody agreement, you can avoid many of the difficulties associated with property division and other divorce matters. Often a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can help facilitate this process.
- Contested divorce: If a marriage ends with one party feeling slighted, divorce proceedings can be plagued with bitterness and acrimony. As each step in the process is stalled, time and costs can start to add up. Working with a skilled attorney can help mitigate some of the expenses of a contested divorce. At Friedman Law Office, we are prepared to guide you through negotiation or defend your interests during litigation.
What About My Family Home, Assets And Businesses?
If you are concerned about divorce and property division, our attorneys can provide you with straightforward advice while aggressively fighting for justice on your behalf. Below are a few items commonly covered during property division:
- Family homes
- Land, second homes or other property
- Retirement accounts and benefits
- Family-owned businesses
- Other assets – cars, boats, recreational vehicles, other property
Schedule A Consultation About Asset Protection
Friedman Law Office can help you plan ways to protect your assets and property. We provide free consultations, so schedule with us today. Call 903-949-6364 or toll-free at 866-397-4374, or send the law firm an email.